Commerce is one of the driving forces of our global economy and its foundations are rapidly shifting online, to facilitate this, two core components need to be competitive and programmable: payments
Orkestro is creating the network that facilitates the exchange and trade of last-mile delivery services. Layer by layer, we're building up the infrastructure that brings transparency and automation to the delivery market, from validating transactions to optimising performances and delivering a seamless customer experience.
Our team is growing and we're looking for capable, creative engineers to join us on our journey. Engineering at Orkestro
We're a small team building the tools to search, book and manage the best delivery services automatically. This means building a scalable, seamless API that our customers love to interact with. Our goal is to build a developer-first API that tens of thousands of delivery companies can connect with globally, whilst providing a fantastic developer experience for our commerce partners.
We are aiming to process 100s of thousands of orders which each have 100s of interactions and touchpoints - we are building a system that needs to handle scale. If you enjoy a challenging engineering environment that deals with scale and complex problems to solve, we'd love to hear from you. Technology stack
Orkestro runs on a micro-service platform and uses Domain-Driven Design (DDD) to architect our services.
What we're looking for
- Typescript & Node.js to create our micro-services
- Python for our data pipelines
- Postgres as our main database
- RabbitMQ for our asynchronous messaging queue
- Google Cloud Platform to run our infrastructure
- React for our web application
- React-Native for our driver application
You should apply if
- Passionate about building amazing developer experiences to build out our APIs.
- Experience managing distributed systems - an interest in DDD is a plus!
- Great at breaking down and communicating technical concepts in a clear and structured way to explain to the team how and why design decisions have been taken.
- Big picture thinking - you can make trade-offs on technical work streams against business impact.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment. You have your own opinion however but keep an open mind, taking suggestions and feedback on board as well
- You're interested in building fundamental internet infrastructure that will disrupt the way e-commerce works.
- You thrive by working in a collaborative environment.
- You love solving difficult and complex problems
- Salary ranges between £61,000 - £72,000 plus stock options and other benefits.
- We are open to fully remote employees, we use Oyster to manage our remote team - this will vary on a country by country basis
- This role can be remote, however, you must be able to come to a global team meet every 3 months.
- We have flexible working hours and trust that you will get your work done.